Saturday, August 9, 2014

Classroom Set Up

So just this week, I've started to clean out my new classroom. Thing is, there's still a lot more to do. This coming week, I'll have a couple of kids over to help with cleaning and painting the room. Yes, fresh paint! I love how things can be done here DIY style. Back where I cam from, there's always someone who should be called to do things because that's just the way it is. 

So, I have 4-5 round tables in my room and I'm thinking whether to set these up in a window shaped arrangement like 'W'. But then I thought it might be hard to look left and right all the time. So, I've designed a new arrangement. This will give me a shorter view of my students and the same time keeping them seated closer. This also gives me a feel of a theatrical place. It's kind of cool in my mind. I hope it will come out cool too, cool in a sense that there will be effectiveness in the arrangement I'm thinking of.  

So here's an overview of how I want my room set up. 

The brown ones are the students' tables while the orange dots will be the students. I'm thinking of seating 4-5 students per table. The black and green will be the white board while the blue table will be my table. 

Any thoughts about this arrangement? What do you think are the pros and cons for arranging the classroom in this manner?

No comments:

Post a Comment